Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being politically correct sucks

could i get directions to any likely chum holes on either the sultan, the sky or the wallace? ive heard that of the N.Sound rivers those are in the best shape. is the stilly blown for good or will take a lot of dry days to fall into shape? thanks in advance.

~sean~

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I haven't fished the Sky for a while. But I did have luck on the other side of the bridge from the Cracker bar a few years ago. There is a long bar to fish down. Park in the lot and walk up river to access.

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
Do like the rest of us do:

Look around for hordes of folks fishing. Go up or downstream to the next pool, and fish. Don't spend much time there unless you see fish jumping, swimming and acting like salmon.

Then tell the rest of us where you caught the big one that stole your rod, so we can go look for it. :THUMBSUP

Seriously, though, if no one is telling, its cause they don't want their spot trampled, or no one knows. And seriously, except for letting the fish out of the bag, that's how we find them.

Rob
---------
Genetic pollution damages wild
stocks, bonk those Hatchery Zombies!

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

if it was up to me i would waltz around dumping my line in every nook and cranny that may be big enough to house a chum. but the old man (my old man, not "the" old man) is behind this post and apparently as he gets older he strays away from the "winging it" philosophy and he has begun to adopt the more scheduled, precise routine. i totally understand about the secret spot thing. if i happen to find one such spot, i'll probably be quite hush about it until my young, blabbermouth instincts take over and i send everyone and their brother down there. does everything boil down to age or what? im tired....too many burritos.....wheres the maalox?

~sean~

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

But where it dumps in is. I wrote a answer to this thread two days ago and it dissapeared. I thought I posted it but I could be wrong. I was wrong once,but being that I'm old I don't remember when.Now to finish I said that being a weelend it will probably be crowded as all the gear chuckers will be there.

Jim

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

That is just what I like to do. You find more places like that. It seems that more and more people want you to point them in the right direction,that way they don't have to put in the miles like you and I do.

If I have nothing going on I will jump in my car and just go to a river just to check it out and see if I can find some new places to fish.

Jim

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

i havent the time to do much exploring. my stepmom has got us tied up quite nicely. i was just thinking of my dad, he hates to wing it. he wants it all planned ahead of time. i didnt want to show up somewhere and have it be blown out, or closed, or packed wall to wall. then we'd have to go somewhere else and my dad hates that, he'd rather go home. since he knows where cracker bar is and we have fished it many a time, i think thats where we'll be. there or the skagit passed mount vernon. i like small water but if the skagit resists the rains then so be it. thanks for the suggestions.

~sean~

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.