Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Chile bound! A buddy and me are planning a 2 week trip to Chile for March 2023 and looking for anyone with some fishing experience down there whether it be at a lodge or preferably DIY since thats what we will be doing. We have had New Zealand booked for the last two years but you know, covid happened, and that wasn't a option. I know New Zealand is starting to open back up but I just don't want to risk not going again and a possible job change could prevent me from having the time off in the next few years, so we decided to go to south America because it was more likely to actually happen. The problem is its really hard to find DIY info on chile or Argentina. We will of course have a truck and taking a frameless small raft so we can access lakes and rivers, and I have been fortunate enough to talk to someone who guided down there years ago but I want to try and make this trip as successful as possible. If you have been lucky enough to get down there and fish and you want to share any information I would love to talk to you. Call or text. Thanks
Jeff 360-931-5420
I was a peace corps volunteer in Chile in 1970s. Traveled all over Chile from Pt Montt to Pt Arenas. Went back in 2018. It had changed drastically. No one was fly fishing when I was first there. Now there are lots of lodges and fishermen. There is also now much more no trespassing and water controlled by lodges. Still, if you drive the road from Pt Montt to Aysen you will find lots of places to fish. People are mostly friendly. I posted a couple of reports on this on the trip report page of this website in 2018 and 16.by MDK - Patagonia Chile.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts