Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moved to Indiana for the Coast Guard, stationed in Chicago, and have put my boat on the market many times and taken it off. It is a 2006 16' Alumaweld, paid off and in excellent condition. I take it off the market, because I always think I will get to use it and head to Michigan, but my work takes to much of my time. Been fishing smallies and pan fish so much in the smaller lakes, plus I want to head out in the big lake for salmon and other creatures, that I want to have something with a motor so I can get around easier. In fact took it out today and went to a lake with the old bamboo and had a great time with some redear and rock bass, even caught a beautiful 3lb smallie with a chernobel (how ever you spell it).

I have a recall to my station and need to be in phone service, so it is hard to get away like I want, can't take leave during June to Sept. Do I hold on to it and just buy a long shaft to put around or get rid of it and buy something I can hit the smaller and bigger lakes with.

Just want some input to either keep or sell. :beathead: Left the PNW and all I want to do is come back. Will I really need it for only getting into Michigan maybe twice a year. All you great lakes guys help me out

William BRAVEHEART Wallace

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Left the PNW and all I want to do is come back.William BRAVEHEART Wallace
There's your answer. You will be there what, 2 or so more years? If your dream sheet is all PNW you will be back before you know it.
CG. pays for storage, don't they? So you put it away for a wile, then when you transfer back you can add leave to travel days and fish on the way.

Been there, done that. After "A" school I got sent to Crap May for two years. Got ten days travel + took 30 days leave. Drove my ass off tell I saw mountains again. Then I just fished for a month strait.

Ofcorse, what you should have done is leave it with Chris to put on the gear list.:rofl:

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.