Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"
2,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spend most of my time chasing chrome, and dammit, I can't catch the smaller fish. I really want the chance to pounce on some smolt (like I get to on the Cowlitz in May) or maybe some undersized net pen coho. I'm willing to learn where to go. Can anyone help?

·
Flaccid Member
3,900 Posts
i was on the cowlitz in may, HO-LY hell i put the hurt on the smolts. those were days to remember. the bead rig outta the boat had to be retired it wasnt even fun anymore. attacking the indicator and both bead and yarnie at the same time. i dont think i made many swings without gettin pelted either. lifes been rough since, kinda ruined the season.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
James, you LAZY sack of shit! fill your tank with gas, bust some brush, roll up a big fat blunt and go find your OWN salmonid day care centers! If you are serious about downsizing the fish you catch, you have to realize that no serious smolt molester is going to cough up their secret sardine-killer spots on the net. You have to do your OWN research. how dare you show up and demand that everyone else give you a list of Anchovy holes! You lazy bastard! You think trading solid chrome for parr marks is easy? Shit, it took some of us decades before we could consistently bang the Mini-Me fish and quit hooking pesky returning adult fish!!!

Everyone wants a quick easy answer these days. I suggest you start lifting and juicing so you can intimidate fish on your own with an impressive set of bitch tits and back acne. Yeah. That's the ticket.

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
James, you LAZY sack of shit! fill your tank with gas, bust some brush, roll up a big fat blunt and go find your OWN salmonid day care centers! If you are serious about downsizing the fish you catch, you have to realize that no serious smolt molester is going to cough up their secret sardine-killer spots on the net. You have to do your OWN research. how dare you show up and demand that everyone else give you a list of Anchovy holes! You lazy bastard! You think trading solid chrome for parr marks is easy? Shit, it took some of us decades before we could consistently bang the Mini-Me fish and quit hooking pesky returning adult fish!!!

Everyone wants a quick easy answer these days. I suggest you start lifting and juicing so you can intimidate fish on your own with an impressive set of bitch tits and back acne. Yeah. That's the ticket.

·
Just an Old Man
35,202 Posts
If you want small fish you should fish with me. I stopped off at a small creek yesterday with a large hole on it. My smallest was about a three inch cutt. But these fish are all natives. I thought that I was catching smolts for a while. But this is Montana with small mountain streams/creeks.

·
Physhicist
4,022 Posts
I too tend to chase some of our larger foes. I'll consider myself amongst the cursed 'cause I don't usually encounter too many of the smaller fish. Something I'll just have to live with I guess;(

G

·
Oh wow this is great! I too am looking for some good sardine spots just don't trash me or I will cancel my membership. You guys think you are gods gift to the smolt with all your secrete "S" rivers. The fly shop disclosed exactly where to fish and they even sold me the right flies but I still cant seem to really put a hurt on them little guys.

·
80 Posts
Don't ask me what fly or what rock to stand on. I've finally found my own neonatal nugget and you must find your own.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
You all are to damn funny.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I spend most of my time chasing chrome, and dammit, I can't catch the smaller fish. I really want the chance to pounce on some smolt (like I get to on the Cowlitz in May) or maybe some undersized net pen coho. I'm willing to learn where to go. Can anyone help?
Use the search function. :ray1:

I catch fish this little all the time, do your homework and one day you can too!

View attachment 33120

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.