Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was told you should be able to walk down. That's a pretty long walk back up though! There are rezzies around and in different spots. So you might want to check out some other spots until Narrows opens. It's supposedly supposed to open on the 30th.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I decided to take the long walk down the driveway at Docs. I fully expected to see something like new bathrooms , parking lot improvements or something to really justify closing the park for nearly 3 months. What I found was a new storm drain. This has to be a government contract to take this long. Give me a bobcat and three or four motivated fly fishermen and we could have knocked that project out over a long weekend!
As for the fishing, the water was flat as a pancake and not a fish in sight.
Happy Thanksgiving All

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I stopped Friday the 4th and asked at Gig Harbor fly shop and they said that Docs is open again. Bob

·
1,693 Posts
It was tough but someone had to do it? and I got to chat with Blake and Justin. I'm going to wait until it's at least warm enough to rain. Enjoy!!! Bob

·
1,693 Posts
IT's in the Tacoma narrows, I think it's actually Narrows Park below the highway 16 bridges on the west side opposite Titlow beach. There are lots of places just look at a map and go see. I'm new too so I'm in 'the same boat but I've been to this one. Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.