Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever use this stuff? I have a leaky sink in the garage but before I hire a plumber, I'm gonna give it a shot. Then I might make some modifications to my drifter.

Any of you have a screen door boat?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I've used it three times with success.
I sealed fiberglass shower seams in my trailer when the silicone calking started to loosen, around some roof shingles, and under the house where the toilet connection had a damp spot. So far, so good.

·
Indi Ira
9,492 Posts
On a steel heading trip, my seams failed on my brand new Orvis waders. That night while staying with a buddy, I noticed a can of the stuff and asked if I could use it. The waders had dried on the inside while hanging by a fire so I figured why not. I was torn at the time between voiding the warranty and fishing for the next couple of days. Fishing won, and I sprayed every seam. Next day, other than a few little leaks, the stuff worked out well. Those waders now though are used as my boat waders, but they still work well enough for launching and loading.

I also tried the stuff on the bottom of my pram, and that worked a bit, but it was not a permanent fix.

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
The stuff sorta works but it is overpriced. Gotta pay for all those ads doing stupid shit like screwing up WW's screen door. If you do a little research you can find other products that do the same thing for less money.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I use Rustoleum Flex Seal Spray (from Home Depot) on leaky seams in waders. The stuff works fine, but if you use too much it dries to a white color and looks like elephant snot. I used it last season on my pair of "emergency" waders and they have held up fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.