Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Worked... I like it! Oh, to be w/o a steady job, a never ending pile of bills and statements and the anchors and chain of a home... maybe next time around :)

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
SpeySpaz that is wrong on so many levels, so wrong. Chris, you even gave him the assist. Damn, the tag team of evil.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
Oh the glory!....metaphors, philosophy, perspective, humbleness, etc.... it’s a lonely life, unless the river and fish alone bring total satisfaction and fulfillment. I'm not going to speak for everyone, but the idea of fishing, what it stands for, and the fact that it’s the "other woman," has a lot to do with its mystique for me. So much of my excitement (anticipation) is based on this and is quickly evaporated when I step into the water. The fact of the matter is, as much as a love it and have a sickness for it, I like going home at the end of the day to my mundane family life. If you fished every day and lived "the dream", the metaphors tend to lose their romantic luster. You need to watch movies like this or read "The River Why" to remind you of how "killer" it is. I'm speaking from personal experience. Most of the fish bums I know are either alcoholics, pot heads, lonely, or all of the above even though you would never know it sitting in the boat with them. That's just what came to mind when I watched this. Sorry to be a bummer.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Cool clip, but I'm gonna have roll with what Panhandle posted. One has to be able to contrast and compare flyfishing with real life. It's what makes that grab so much more the sweeter. Plus, it's always nice to come home to a cozy family room with something baking in the oven and the kids asking how the steelheading was. It's the frosting on a wet steelheading session.

Adrian

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
That was great! And while I agree with Philosopher Pan, at the same time I love every minute of dreaming about the romanticized life books and videos like this talk about. I will watch them with goosebumps every time, and I will be dreaming about catching fish on every cast out of a pristine AK tributary log jam in about 30 minutes.
Thanks for sharing.

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
"If" and it's a big if.
If the $ was always there, I would never be bored fishing, finding new water or even waiting out a storm, hell I would even put up with air travel to live the dream.
Home is where ya hang your waders.

·
Where's the Bucket?
132 Posts
Awesome. The grabs by the peacock bass and muskies were absolutely sick! "Am I supposed to catch fish or just cast"?---- priceless, especially because her guide doesn't even reply, he just swigs his coffee. That was the appropriate response.

Nice work.

C

·
Registered
15,541 Posts
Cool video.

If I went fishing every day, how would I know I wasn't going to work? I'd never want a guide's life. Can't pay me enough to watch other people fish. I'd rather get paid what I make and then fish for myself when I can. I am itching to get back to Alaska tho.

Sg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.