Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to fish the Yak today and the GF asked if she could tag along. I don't have an extra bug rod for her so I set her up with an ultra-lit trout rod and some size 0 and 1 panther martin spinners. I managed to miss two or three fish on my october caddis, while she proceded to hook four nice rainbows. Granted, she did lose them all, but one was in the 18-20 inch range, and another was peeling line off her reel like a steelhead. Anyway, dont bring chicks fishin with ya because they will out fish you every time.

·
1,411 Posts
Shakedown you must be new at this...
:beathead:

That's the whole reason you bring your girlfriend fishing and let her outfish you, because if it isn't fun for her she'll make your life miserable the next time you take her out..:clown:

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I'll take my girls along and get outfished by them happily until I'm very old and I'll consider myself quite lucky.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I agree and it gets worse she won't let you go even if she won't or if she doesn't get asked. Don't mind mumbles he's got three good ones and he Knows where he'd be without them. Remember as long as you get to go there's not much wrong about taking the ladies!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I honestly don't mind it, its nice to have her interested in it. Besides, when I take her out I play more of a guide role, showing her were to cast and how to present the offering. Ever since she caught a fat 6 pound triploid on mattoon I've come to expect it.

BTW she is starting to get the hang of the bug rod.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I took the misses fishing last July and she not only hooked but managed to land some nice Rainbows but a Brown as well, now she wants to go all the time and even has starting to point out the hatches, even in the backyard. May have created a monster, if only she could get the rowing interest as high as her fishing interest is right now.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I don't take my wife fishing anymore. Someone has to watch the kids. I need my own hobby (she likes baseball). I don't fish with anyone else much either. Hell, she's about the only person that I really like, and don't fish with her. I am truly the worlds biggest prick.

Go Sox,
cds

·
Gone Fishing
41 Posts
That's funny, and it always happens that way. When one of the guys at the local fly shop asked why I don't take my wife down to a spey casting class, I noted that hey, she's already got her own harley, I don't need her out fishing too! I mean if this keeps up the only man time I'll have is watching football.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow, Rick..good on ya gettin your lady out and fishin. Keep sharin the experiences..love it.
If she knew I posted this she'd flip, but I think it's funny as hell. The scenario is we stopped at Ekstrom Gauging Station camp ground for a few days located on Rock Creek last summer and this was her first venture into fly fishing, now I don't have to tell you guys that women dress themselves, but I did give her the vest and rod she came up with the rest. This is one of my favorites.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.