Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever done this before? I see the lake isnt' very deep with an average 25'. Is it possible to connect with any Springers on the fly? Im curious and might be inclined to try it out with a pram.

·
Registered
15,543 Posts
I've read of people successfully fly fishing for summer steelhead in Drano from float tubes. I suppose it's possible, but I'd expect all the boat traffic - mainly jet sleds - to keep the chinook hugging close to the bottom.

Sg

·
Registered
616 Posts
I live down here on the River and I have never seen anyone fishing for Chinook on Drano. I have accidentally hooked fall chinook while fishing for summer steel but never landed them on a 6wt. Coho can be had on the fly but never heard of springers. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done.

·
Registered
740 Posts
http://www.west-fly-fishing.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=610778#Post610778

I'm sure that this fish wasn't caught in Drano. Nonetheless, a fly caught spring Chinook is an awesome accomplishment! If you have the patience, the time, and the ability to deal with all of the other fishermen at Drano (I have read that it can get kind of crazy sometimes), then I say go for it. If you do get one, you should post a few pictures of it. Good luck!

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Quite an accomplishment . . . never tagged a Springer in 30-years of trying. In retrospect, finding a place to use a fly rod free of scores of other fisherman is the greater aspect of the challenge, INMHO. Well done!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.