Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Gonzo Phishin'
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good recommendations for installing/buying a stereo on a 16' clackacraft. (i don't want a boom box). I am want some decent sound so I am thinking of buying a good CD/MP3 head unit (marine grade with cover) with USB support, so I don't have to worry about CDs skipping. prolly will use my MP3 player most of the time. This is will be for when fishing is slow or cruizing the john day for bass in the summer with the family and tunes are necessary.

Thinking of having CD deck power only (no external amp due to power restrications) ~50 Watts per (4) channel and running two 6x9's in boxes off that power towards the back of the boat or under the rowers seat.

What type of battery do people use to power their stereos without killing them after just a few uses. Any suggestions would be much apprecicated! Or people include your specs and pros and cons if you have the time.

Thanks, Nate.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Does anyone have any good recommendations for installing/buying a stereo on a 16' clackacraft. the family and tunes are necessary.

What type of battery do people use to power their stereos without killing them after just a few uses. Any suggestions would be much apprecicated! Or people include your specs and pros and cons if you have the time.

Thanks, Nate.
Some how this just doesn't seem right.

Use a 12 volt marine/deep cycle battery for your power source. I don't have any recommendations on players or speakers, but I would imagine any marine store like West Marine might have what you need.

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Radio in a drift boat? Sacrilege. UGH.

Ok, easy to set up though. Small battery, deck that's compatible. Marine speakers, you're set. You can set the whole thing up in a small igloo icechest (speakers, radio, and battery). Some of our Feeder drivers (semi trucks) do this. They have to have removable systems. One used it in his boats too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.