Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Drift Boat Dilemma

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Out of Here 
#1 ·
So I bought a drift boat last year with visions of epic fishing trips and the endless fishing opportunities that come with having a boat. Both of those things have come true... for the person that's fishing while I'm rowing!

I am looking for someone with their own boat to trade trips with. I live in Monroe, available most weekends and don't mind travelling to fish. If you are finding yourself having the same problem, let me know.

Todd

#2 ·
I hear ya. I would try to educate the people you fish with how to properly control the boat and then split your time behind the sticks 50/50. Maybe even do a few trips where the focus is on teaching them and less about the fishing. My problem is I have a wood boat with a lot of labor invested and I'm not very comfortable with other people rowing it on moving water yet. The only times I really get to fish are on the bank or when anchored.

#7 ·
So I bought a drift boat last year with visions of epic fishing trips and the endless fishing opportunities that come with having a boat. Both of those things have come true... for the person that's fishing while I'm rowing!
Todd
You think you got it bad? I once bought a ski boat for the same reasons.

#9 ·
Try to start thinking of your boat as transportation instead of a fishing platform. You will use your anchor more and also fish more. I enjoyed my time on the oars and also my time fishing. I have had two drift boats and enjoyed them more than all of my other boats put together.

#10 ·
Very good advice Citori, one of the best trips I had was floating the Yak by myself... Wasn't on anyone elses schedule and could fish, sit, whatever when I wanted to. The only bad part was watching all that good looking water go by without having a fly in the water.

JesseCFowl, you have PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.