Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear a bunch about swing weight vs. pull. I'm looking to buy a new pair of sticks for the WF 16 Clack. The stock oars that came with it are 9'6". If I went to the Sawyer Dyno X or full carbon wrap square tops/shoal cut in a 9' would I notice the difference? Would the 6" less be a big downer? I hate the feel of the oars that I have, like rowing with a couple 6x6 posts. Thanks for the input in advance. Don't really have the opportunity to try one vs. the other where I'm at which is a bummer...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I hear a bunch about swing weight vs. pull. I'm looking to buy a new pair of sticks for the WF 16 Clack. The stock oars that came with it are 9'6". If I went to the Sawyer Dyno X or full carbon wrap square tops/shoal cut in a 9' would I notice the difference? Would the 6" less be a big downer? I hate the feel of the oars that I have, like rowing with a couple 6x6 posts. Thanks for the input in advance. Don't really have the opportunity to try one vs. the other where I'm at which is a bummer...
Most use 9' with the standard width 16-17' drift boat. Seems a little out of the ordinary to get 9.5' with that boat. 9.5' would be good with a wider 60" bottom. You might like the lighter weight of the 9'.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Length changes oar angle too. Shorter makes a steeper angle. I'm a cataraft guy, so drift boots are not my thing. So.e I've rowed vary wildly how their owners set them up. Toughest setup was short oars, steep angle and handles by my chin.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.