Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's already happening: drones flying overhead on rivers and lakes, singing their buzzing tune. Is this the kind of wilderness experience we want? I'm half tempted to carry a gun while fishing, and try to blow any drone out of the sky. Man, what next?

Apologies to Deep Purple for the mutilation of their song lyrics.

·
Ignored Member
12,110 Posts
It's already happening: drones flying overhead on rivers and lakes, singing their buzzing tune. Is this the kind of wilderness experience we want? I'm half tempted to carry a gun while fishing, and try to blow any drone out of the sky. Man, what next?
#6 lead shot out of a 12 gauge drops them right now. Of course lead shot is illegal in an aquatic environment so make sure you use steel or some other acceptable material for your loads.

·
Hey you guys
664 Posts
It may well be the next best thing for f/fishing to check what is around the bend or up the river. Get the right lens and see the fish before you start wading up. It's not like were carrying much else now is it. Of course I would need a locator device when I dump it and speaking of dumping It may not be good when you show up on you-tube taking a field dump because some smart ass has just droned you. The WFF could have a new category titled Droned or Dronning. You know it does have potential.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Two of my trips to Dry Falls this year I had drones flying over me. Low and slow then what seemed 80 mph. Just annoying.
We may have been fishing on one of those same days. Very annoying noise. I thought it was likely being operated from the interpretive center. Surprised the State Park condones it.

·
Should be fishing
697 Posts
I have not experienced this yet, but I feel it would be highly aggravating.

I have, however, had photographers stop next to the river and snap pictures with me in the shot fishing. Nothing really to be done, but I'm amazed that most don't simply ask if that's all right with me.

·
Ignored Member
12,110 Posts
I have not experienced this yet, but I feel it would be highly aggravating.

I have, however, had photographers stop next to the river and snap pictures with me in the shot fishing. Nothing really to be done, but I'm amazed that most don't simply ask if that's all right with me.
If they are using the photos commercially and you are recognizable in the shot they would be wise to acquire a model consent signed by you. If you are not recognizable and it is on public land or being shot from public land no permission from you is required. If they are shooting for their own personal use no permission is needed, recognizable or not.

·
not your average member
871 Posts
For the sake of argument though, can you imagine being lost, wet, dehydrated, and having one of those annoying little bastards show up, with 1 search and rescue person manning it, rather than the 10s of thousands of dollars in a helicopter and crew and gas to find your ass? There might be upsides to all this technology.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.