Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently found a fly recipe that calls for Wapsi SLF Enhancer dubbing. I did a web search and found that dubbing on the Wapsi website but I can not seem to find it anywhere else. Looking at the pictures the enhancer looks kind of like ice dubbing. Has anyone used the SLH Enhancer dubbing and is ice dubbing close? Thanks

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I've never used it either, but it doesn't really resemble ice dub to me from what I could see in pictures. Sportsman's Warehouse lists it; you might call your local store (if you have a SW near-by). I have never gotten too terribly obsessed with using exact recipes & do a lot of substitution. Good luck!

·
Dumbfounded
10,887 Posts
Ice Dub is blended. SLF Enhancer is not blended and advertised to use as blending material so I doubt if it is the same stuff.

However, I'm with Jim... if you find a dubbing that looks similar, it won't make that much difference to the fish.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all. I saw the Sportsman's Warehouse had it listed but they only have three colors and of course not the color I need. I need to play with a few dubbing and see what I can figure out. Again thanks I appreciate your wisdom.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.