Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
According to Steve Probasco's Olympic Peninsula Rivers Guide the Duckabush has winter and summer steelhead but only a handful are caught each year. There are also searun cutthroat. If I remember right, the Duckabush estury and lower river is brushy with few places to fish from the bank. A much better estuary is the Dosewallips River just to the North.

Dave Shorett's Olympic Mountains Fishing Guide says that there is public access to some steelhead water at Ranger hole. A sign on the road leads to a 0.5 mile walk to very deep beautiful holes which are steelhead habitat. Doesn't sound like great fly water though.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
I live about 35 mins. from the Ducky, and I wish I could say some nice things. Fact is that she stinks. She was once a fine lady and fished by many a Seattlelite. I caught a SR once about 12" and that's been it. Not much talk about it. Very sad to say the least. But you just never know in this sport of ours. Good luck and keep us posted.:thumb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.