Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Buenos Hatches Ese
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone here used Duracoat? What are your thoughts? How difficult was it to apply, how has it held up, etc.? My duck gun has seen better days, so I'm thinking about coating it with this before the season opens. I know there are better options like Cerakote but I don't really want to fork out the cash on that for an older shotgun, and I like the DIY nature of Duracoat.

·
Tuglife
1,387 Posts
I'm not sure how easy it is to apply, but.. I had a buddy put it on a barreled action for me.

It's held up great with a year of beating the piss out of it in PRS matches!

·
Buenos Hatches Ese
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, thanks. The reviews I've read online seem to be inconclusive. Some people say it's rock solid and others say it scratched immediately. I think I will give it a go though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've used it on a couple of my guns and had real good results. Seems pretty durable and resists chemical cleaning solvents. Sprayed it with an aerosol spray bottle and it came out ok with a little practice. I'm sure if you used a real spray gun it would be even better. Would definitely use again if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.