Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished the Satsop East Fork yesterday. The water is high but very clear, and lots of big fish (Salmon) moving about. We also drove downstream to check out the main river and found that to be mostly cafe au lait, so we went back to the East fork below Schafer Park.
We ran into some locals who opined that you can only fish below the bridge; the way I read the regs you can fish above and below the Schafer Park bridge; I am new to Washington's complicated regs and any thoughts on this would be most helpful and appreciated :)

·
Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater....Know Grizzler
14,853 Posts
You can only fish for salmon below the bridge.
The water above the bridge closed Oct 31st, so the locals are correct.
SF

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The locals I spoke with did not know where the hatchery was; and that made me want to ask the experts here about fishing upstream of the bridge-thank you for the responses.
The boat ramp near the park is only 32 miles from my house-can't wait to know that beautiful river thoroughly!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.