Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was asked by a 3 of friends to take them over the hill to fish a drive in or close walk next week. I have been fishing the high country for a few years now so I have no clue where to go.

We will be camping over night and at least 2 of them are spin fishers.

I really need help, one of them is from Australia (military assignment at Boeing) and I'd like to show him a good time for his efforts keeping the world safe.

I thought maybe even Lost lake by the pass but I think that might be to cold still. I really need some help.

Are there any rivers that might work?

·
Registered
192 Posts
As far as rivers go, the Yak might be your only bet here on the east side. If your buddies can also throw a fly, rocky ford may be worth a look but can be pretty mossy this time of year.

Lakes might be the better bet, they will be stocking Dog in the next week hopefully. Had a buddy go up there today and catch a bunch of fish, a few nicer ones as well.

I've been hearing good things about Clear and Lost (off highway 12), you can spin fish all three of these. Camping nearby is ample, hope this helps some.

Jarron

·
Registered
430 Posts
Might want to check out the WDFW site for recent plants. They are still putting them in. Fio Rito, Easton Ponds etc.

Not the most scenic spots, but lots of hungry uneducated fish...

Ronbow

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, if the weather holds I might try the Dog Lake area.
I'd like to be within 2 to 2 1/2 hours of Seattle if possible.
We are stuck with bank fishing- are there any good rivers that aren't blown out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.