• UW

Votes: 16 72.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone up for a little rivalry?

Yah, I know, it's not like this comes along very often, where there is so much at stake, but I thoughts it might be kinda fun to hear:

Who you're cheering for?

Why?

And score prediction.

I'm torn, because I want the Pac 12 to do well in general. I think overall the Huskies have a slightly better team and are better coached, but I'm married to a WSU Alumni.

As it turns out, I'm at Thanksgiving dinner, where the families are split right in half. We have grads from both sides. It's all in good fun.

31-27 Cougars

So what you say? :)

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always vote for the team that has the best chance in the "post" season. This year a potential (although highly unlikely) national championship is on the line so my vote has to go to UW.

48-22 UW
Oh man, I hope for my wife's sake, it isn't that bad! :p

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
I have been rooting for the Huskies ever since the late 70s, when I was old enough to like football. I remember two scenarios when all UW had to do was beat WSU and they would go to the Rose Bowl. I didn't understand why WSU, being from the state, didn't just let them win so they could go. I remember many of the middle school teachers (WSU alumni) wearing the "And something happened on the Way to the Rose Bowl, again! Those were some disappointing loses.

I later became a UW alumni. They have a large lead in the head to head rivalry and arguably the more successful program. But the Cougars often play them tougher than they actually are. I root for WSU whenever they are not playing UW and I think Leach brings them some entertainment value with his antics.

WSU is known for their offense but this year, I think UW has scored more points per game. I have to believe that UW has the better defense. But they are playing in Pullman (3 points) and there is the WSU Apple Cup factor, which is good for another 3 points. That being said, I think UW has the better coaching staff and think they are the better team overall. But you never know with the Apple Cup.

Should be a great game!

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It doesn't look like snow in the Palouse or I'd be thinkin' WSU (ya know, the old line that "huskies can't run in the snow").
Flashback!

1992: Cougars 42, Huskies 23 - The Snow Bowl, as it became known, turned into one of the greatest victories in WSU history, with Drew Bledsoe finding Philip Bobo in the back of the end zone for a 44-yard touchdown that sparked a second-half spurt, lifting the Cougars to the upset of the No. 5 Huskies. "That's still my most favorite game I've played in," Bledsoe told The Times a decade later.

What are the Huskies ranked at now?

Hee hee :D

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Leach and Peterson are really newborns to this game, tomorrow will be the continuing start of something great, the significance of the Apple Cup, regardless of the outcome this game will hit them both in the mouth and heart....and will be remembered win or lose and ingrained in their coaching soul!

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I was there, and have the hangover to prove it!

Flashback!

1992: Cougars 42, Huskies 23 - The Snow Bowl, as it became known, turned into one of the greatest victories in WSU history, with Drew Bledsoe finding Philip Bobo in the back of the end zone for a 44-yard touchdown that sparked a second-half spurt, lifting the Cougars to the upset of the No. 5 Huskies. "That's still my most favorite game I've played in," Bledsoe told The Times a decade later.

What are the Huskies ranked at now?

Hee hee :D

·
Justified
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did you mean by halftime?

However, I don't think the Cougars will be that close to 22 points.

I'm turning to a different game. This one is already over.:(

Kinda was hoping for a fun game. This one...not gonna happen at this rate.

Reactions: Irafly
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.