Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Go check out the grande ronde for the summer steelhead once they arrive.
I would head into idaho and fish the St Joe if you can travel a little bit. It is one of my favorite rivers after run off.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im also in spokane, for the time being anyway(till school gets out ;-)). Theres a few of us here, and we're all pretty good guys. :thumb Im free this weekend and wouldnt mind hittin some water. Should be gettting my wading boots sometime this week. :thumb

Hey jeff, did ya get my email? Just checkin cuz i havent heard back from ya.

Tyler
[email protected]

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm in Rockford. Always lookin' for people and places. Email me and we'll talk off-line about times and places. I'm also fairly new to fly fishing. Two years now. Love the St. Joe, and I understand there is better water. I just haven't found anything better yet. Also, tie up with Jeff if you can. He's a good man, and will share all his knowledge. Welcome to the habit.
Lotech Joe:thumb

·
Registered
271 Posts
I am fishing out of Sppokane now, but I just got done with 4.5 years in Pullman. The Ronde was a favorite of mine, either at the mouth or above bogan's oasis. If you are still there during summer or early fall hit up the lochsa big caddis hatches with a lot of access (throw a bead head prince under it to double your luck), one of my favorite places to camp period. Also i heard Asotin creek has some nice fish in it but I heard about it too late and had to go and graduate before I could check it out for myself. Hope these help you with an escape from the palouse.
Also go to the Traditional Angler in Lewiston, they have a lot of knowledge about the area.
tight lines.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Word to the wize: stay away from the eastsiders...they are vicious due to the fact that they have to put up with what appears to be an invasion of westsider driving habits ;-) just kiddin. So far everyone over here is very cool.

The Ronde!!! Most pullman people will hit the Ronde as the home waters. Of course you got the clear water also. Unfortunately the Ronde closes as of the 15th of April so ??? Also you could check with twin rivers anglers down in Lewiston/Clarkston area??

Good luck and feel free to email if you'd like. We are always out fishing.

later,

~Patrick ><>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.