Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a Ecko Gecko for my 7 year old daughter. I searched the forum but found no specific recommendations. I am looking for a line, want it to spey cast and overhand. Also suggestions on reels. would like something inexpensive. Did a search on smaller reels and good suggestions. Saw an albright topwater 3/4 it is a click and pawl at 3.5 oz for $20. Any thoughts on a click and pawl reel for a little one or should I just go with a disc drag? Any thoughts on the topwater reel?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
I just picked up a Ecko Gecko for my 7 year old daughter. I searched the forum but found no specific recommendations. I am looking for a line, want it to spey cast and overhand. Also suggestions on reels. would like something inexpensive. Did a search on smaller reels and good suggestions. Saw an albright topwater 3/4 it is a click and pawl at 3.5 oz for $20. Any thoughts on a click and pawl reel for a little one or should I just go with a disc drag? Any thoughts on the topwater reel?
Thanks
I'd be all over the click/pawl. Simple and light. Remember, this is a 'learning' rod and reel outfit at this stage.

Also, I'd probably just buy an inexpensive line, as you might be getting a lot of casting practice time on the grass. When the casting gets 'down' a little better, maybe graduate to a better line . . . Any old WF four should do fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.