Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
PNW
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emerald Water Anglers just had someone break the lock on the front door at 8:15, come in and grab a bunch of rods without tubes...

Fenwick Glass
6'6" 3wt
7'6" 5wt

Echo Glass
6'9" 3wt
7'4" 4wt
7'10" 5wt

Echo Base
7'6" 3wt

Echo Carbon
7'3" 2wt

Echo Boost
7'6" 3wt

Sage Approach
7'0" 3wt

Scott G2
8'4" 3wt

Scott F2 Glass
7'2" 3wt
7'7" 4wt

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Son of a Bitch! Sorry this happened. Time to start watching C.L. and hit the pawn shops.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Emerald Water Anglers just had someone break the lock on the front door at 8:15, come in and grab a bunch of rods without tubes...
As a W. Seattle resident, this just bugs the crap outta me. The meth/heroin heads are certainly targeting this shop with all of the shiny fishing bling. They were hit for three reels by a pair who distracted the clerk recently, as well. And, who would buy a rod without a case and sock? No self-respecting fly-fisher that I know, anyway.

Crimes on businesses are up in our area. Just the other night, thieves broke into a plumbing store just up the street from me. Sadly, I think WS is under-served by police. It's a quickly growing area and our population density is bringing with it this kind of garbage. Sad.

I will definitely be dropping in soon to give the fly shop some business. I hope we can keep them around.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
As a W. Seattle resident, this just bugs the crap outta me. The meth/heroin heads are certainly targeting this shop with all of the shiny fishing bling. They were hit for three reels by a pair who distracted the clerk recently, as well. And, who would buy a rod without a case and sock? No self-respecting fly-fisher that I know, anyway.

Crimes on businesses are up in our area. Just the other night, thieves broke into a plumbing store just up the street from me. Sadly, I think WS is under-served by police. It's a quickly growing area and our population density is bringing with it this kind of garbage. Sad.

I will definitely be dropping in soon to give the fly shop some business. I hope we can keep them around.
The entirety of Seattle is underserved by police. We have one of the lowest Officer per Capita ratios of any major city in the country. Meanwhile, we have drug dealers and addicts (who need help) roaming the streets. The poverty on display in Seattle, with people living in tents under the bridges and dilapidated RV's in practically every neighborhood is worse than most developing nations I've visited.

It's a total joke and shame.

EWA - if you need some help setting up a motion alert video system, let me know. Sure you guys probably already have one - Nest is a super easy one to set-up. It just really pisses me off when bad things happen to small businesses around here.

Sorry for the rant - its just a long term frustration after living and working downtown for over a decade and seeing it only get worse with absolutely ZERO effective response from our inept local government.

On another note - EWA - if you want to set-up a good craigslist alert, check out IFTTT.
https://ifttt.com/recipes/103160-get-an-email-for-new-craigslist-listings

What you want to do is;
1) register for ifttt
2) edit that alert for your settings.
3) go on craigslist and search for one of your stolen items. Make sure to click (search nearby areas). I would set-up an alert from Portland, Vancouver, Kitsap, Seattle and check (search nearby areas) for all.
4) There's a couple different recipes, one that sends a digest and one that send it immediately.

Now you won't have to waste time scouring CL - but IFTTT will send you alert as soon as it's posted. You should also create one for OfferUp. Theives are using that a lot too. Also - most pawn shops are now forces to enter new inventory into a database that the cops monitor. So filing that report asap is helpful.

Had someone steal about $5k worth of shit from my truck so I went all Matrix on their ass. Happy hunting.

If you really want to solve the problem. Give @Alex MacDonald a part time shift as "night watch".

·
PNW
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We appreciate the comments everyone, thank you. Just want to add the following to the list above:

JesseC, thanks for the insight, went ahead and set those up, nothing has popped. My guess by the way our door closes, every single rod tip broke on their way out the door unless there were two of them and one held the door open. Been swinging by the pawn shops often, nothing yet.

Scott A4 753-4
Scott A4 803-4
Scott F2 843-4

Thanks again!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I shop EWA as it's close to my place and this is a bummer to hear.

As a long time resident of WS I can only ad to the previously stated frustrations of Jesse C and Tool Fly... Pathetic sign of the times for Seattle's working class.

(Long rant regarding SPD's effectiveness omitted.)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Just because I'm feeling nit-picky this evening...

Seattle has the highest rate of property crime in America
In 2013 it was in first place, as of 2014 (most recent data) it looks like it has dropped to fourth (which is still quite sad):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_crime_rate_(2014)

Thank the fuck head mayor
I've not super impressed by Murray, but I think placing this on his head isn't born out by the facts since he wasn't in office until January 2014. Given that date, one could make a plausible (at least as far as political claims go) case that he could take credit for the city dropping from first to fourth.

If one wants to hang this on a mayor, I think former mayor McGinn is the place to start.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.