Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Still fly fishing in the PCW
5,370 Posts
Alex, when I drove back over the pass this morning, the fire danger sign agreed with you; the arrow was pointed to low! I've been in 3 evacuation zones in 6 years...gets a little old! However, I'll forget all about that when I roll out of bed tomorrow and I'm steelheading before most guys finish brewing their coffee for the drive over!

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
If I remember from driving around over there, your Black forest is almmost always Black at the end of fire season.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
However, I'll forget all about that when I roll out of bed tomorrow and I'm steelheading before most guys finish brewing their coffee for the drive over!
Salt in the wound, thanks.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Why can't these stupid fish keep "bankers' hours"?? I mean, really, this isn't civilized:p
I just can't understand why you have to get up at "o" dark thirty to get fish for them fish. Here in Montana we all get out and go when the sun is shining. None of the shit that I did when I lived in Washington. Get up in the dark and drive like hell to beat some other tired asshat to a spot on a river of your choice.

Things are more civilized here.

·
youngish old guy
369 Posts
Except that it pays to be early to beat the hordes of guides that float the Beaverhead every day. Same on the Big Hole.

It looked pretty miserable down there on the river this am. Serious precipitation event for the dry side going on. Wetsiders will feel right at home. The good news is the flows have improved. Bad news is my yard looks like a swamp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.