Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped on my way down to the slab to get some flies and advice @ the Evening Hatch Fly Shop .

The shop is completely empty. :hmmm:

There is a hand written note on the outside saying it is closed for remodeling.

I checked the web site, but it offers no other info.

Does anyone know what is going on?
Is Jason still going to run the shop?
When will the shop re-open?

Jason has been very helpful for my kids and I.

I am sad that his shop is being remodeled during prime fly fishing season on the Yak.

Here's to hoping the shop will re-open by fall 2010 and that Jason will be with the shop.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Jason is going to open a shop on the other side of the freeway in June....per Jason to me a week ago. Shop is supposed to reopen run by someone else.

I don't have the details of Jason's new shop name etc in front of me now. But his cell # is the same.

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,159 Posts
That's what Jason told me earlier this month also. Planned opening date is 01 June, just up the road from the old "hole in the wall". Jack Mitchell is supposed to reopen the original shop as well. Best wishes to all involved, but I really wish somebody'd open a shop near me!!!

·
Joe's brother
190 Posts
update via the yakima river fly shop website:

Troutwater, LLC

Dear Friends,

A wonderful opportunity for our fly shop in enhancing services to our clients and customers has occurred. We will be changing our business structure to include partners Johnny Boitano and Ted Truglio. Jason Boitano will also be joining us. The partnership has possibly created one of the most well seasoned and respected guide staffs among any fly fishing services found in the United States. In addition to Johnny, Ted and Jason, our core staff continues to includes Scott Wilson, Ryan White and Guy Drew. We are fortunate to have long-term guide Ryan Smith fishing with us as well.

With this new business structure, expansion has become possible. We will be opening a new fly shop in Ellensburg on May 28. The Ellensburg shop will improve our ability to easily fish the entire Yakima River, including the farmlands and lower canyon sections of the river.

The Ellensburg location is dedicated to having professionals from our core staff in the shop who possess local knowledge of the area and can provide expert advice on the sport of fly fishing. You can expect the finest fly fishing products and everything you need to get on the water.

We have expanded steelhead opportunities on the Methow, Klickatat and Grande Rhonde Rivers (and Wenatchee if it opens). We are currently taking reservations for the fall of 2010.

An exciting part of our expansion will include destination fly fishing trips to locations such as Ascension Bay and points further south on the Yucatan Peninsula, Belize, the Baja Peninsula, Alaska, and Montana. We have tropical trips starting in February through May, 2011. The Kanektok River trip in SW Alaska is September 7 to the 15, 2010. We have availability with Scott Wilson in Montana during June and July this summer.

Finally, The Yakima River Fly Shop and Tight Lines Angling guide service will be changing our name to Troutwater, Cle Elum. Our shop name in Ellensburg will be Troutwater, Ellensburg.

Please visit our convenient Ellensburg location at 506 South Main Street. 509/962-FISH (3474).

Thank you for your support. I look forward to future friends I have not yet met, and continuing the friendships with the many people I’ve come to know over the past eight years.

Jim Gallagher

And from the Troutwater facebook page:

Troutwater - Guide Service/Fly Shop/Outfitters Troutwater Fly Shop/Guide Service/Outfitters has added The Yakima River Fly Shop and Tight Lines Angling in Cle Elum to Troutwater! Jim Gallagher will be a partner in Troutwater and Scott Wilson, Ryan White and Randy Crimp will guide and help work the shops. We all are very excited about working with Jim, Scott, ****** (Ryan) and Randy as a team. Not only do we have 2 shops to meet clients for guide trips but we will also be running shuttles from Ensign to Roza. For more info click on the link below

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yay! The new Ellensburg shop is awesome. I got to see it on its opening day and it's a great addition to the Burg. Congrats, guys!

PS- the Troutwater hats come standard with plenty of fishing mojo. Caught lots & big in MT that week which I attribute 20% to fly selection, 20% presentation and 60% new hat. ;)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
That's what Jason told me earlier this month also. Planned opening date is 01 June, just up the road from the old "hole in the wall". Jack Mitchell is supposed to reopen the original shop as well. Best wishes to all involved, but I really wish somebody'd open a shop near me!!!
Alex-I'm with you here. Between Cle Elum and Ellensburg you have at least 4 shops now! Got to wonder how they all survive! Why can't Bellingham have just one shop (or even one between My Vernon, Bellingham and Sedro Wooley! I was in Winthrop a week ago and you have the shop in town, one at Mt Gardner Inn, one at Sun Mtn Lodge and one down at the Caarlton General Store! Rick

·
Joe Streamer
4,156 Posts
Wow, mergers and acquisitions in the E'Burg flyfishing industry!

But I'm confused: Did Jason and Jack get divorced? Did the old Evening Hatch at the truck stop shut down for good, or is Jack re-opening that?

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have had the pleasure of patronizing their stores and fishing with most of the people who are now associated with Troutwater in Cle Elum and Ellensburg. This is a first class grouping of top notch guides, flyfishers and retailers. We are lucky to have this reogranized and powerful resource. I wish them well.

·
Love da little fishies
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow,

I look forward to buying flies in the new shop.:cool:

I will be there "for sure" next time I drag the old drift boat over to the Yak.

I've had excellent service at both the fly shop in Cle Elm and Jason's old shop at the Truckstop.

Good to know that you guys merged.

·
483 Posts
Alex-I'm with you here. Between Cle Elum and Ellensburg you have at least 4 shops now! Got to wonder how they all survive! Why can't Bellingham have just one shop (or even one between My Vernon, Bellingham and Sedro Wooley! I was in Winthrop a week ago and you have the shop in town, one at Mt Gardner Inn, one at Sun Mtn Lodge and one down at the Caarlton General Store! Rick
Exactly. I am waiting for a Bellingham shop, it is long overdue!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I stopped by the truck stop and talked to a guy painting his butt off outside the old flyshop today. Rory (I think was his name) said the shop will be open within a couple weeks. He showed me the inside and told me what their plans are for the remodel. Its going to be a pretty cool new shop I think...

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
All I can say is WOW! Four fly shops in Ellenburg? What is Ellensburg the new Montana or Jackson Hole? I have my doubts as to how this community can support that much business, even when considering all the west side customers.

·
Registered
132 Posts
All I can say is WOW! Four fly shops in Ellenburg? What is Ellensburg the new Montana or Jackson Hole? I have my doubts as to how this community can support that much business, even when considering all the west side customers.
Your thinking what I am thinking!!

Someone will be really affected by this and I don't believe it will be Troutwater!!

What we need in Ellensburg is a shop with no attitude, one that is willing to be humble and help everyone including guides from other shops.
We do not have one of these at this time, so Troutwater will be the choice of many people for flies and tying materials, not to mention rods and reels.

I say let the competiton begin! lets see who can make it, and who goes under from the pressure and lack of business.
Its all about relationships anyways, if you have them you have good business, if your a jerk off! and rude to people you have a bad business, its
just that simple. I have no doubt Troutwater will be the best shop in Ellensburg

Troutwater is teamed up with the Yakima River fly shop in Cle Elum so they now will have two locations to do business out of.
its a win win as everone involved.All of the owners of Troutwater are very well respected in the fishing industry and have been around for a long time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.