Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alex Mac and I were talking about putting together some 1 day/overnite type events. Here's what we came up with. Chime in if there is anything you'd like to see.

Jerry Daschofsky Day
Anyone who has eaten Jerry's food ought to be in on this one. I'd like to see an event where Jerry does nothing but fish. Everyone else brings the food. If he touches a spatula or an oar, he gets handcuffed to a drift boat anchor. This fall, near a river dumping into the salt. I'm pretty sure this is what he likes the best.

Chum Slam
A beach event where reels go to die. BBQ/seafood cookup. Could be tied in with JD Day

Icicle Creek Run
Fall of next year. Nice trouts, nice water, a more family oriented event.
Whaddya think?
Jason

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
wine tasting followed by dry fly fishing in the evening. we must have a golf like dress code.
LAME

I like the Jerry D. event but that guy is country strong. If he moves toward an oar or spatula it might take a whole group of us or one Scoones to wrangle Jerry D.

I like the ChumSpank event idea too. It should be in float tubes in an estuary out beyond the casting reach of the bank anglers. A hooked fish could work over your rod and drag but more likely would tow you around the estuary for a bit. There are some good chum runs that I tend to fish, two in moving water where they are often thick as thieves and two in estuaries where they often pig pile over one another to angrily hammer your fly. I've seen a few fly rods fall victim to Chum Madness, but so far have not seen any reels smoked by them.

I think more regular Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing events are in order.

I think a stillwater gathering is also in order. Rattlesnake Lake hosted a bunch of us a year or two ago and it was fun. We could see if a small C&R trophy trout location would let us set up some canopies and take over for a day or two.

Anyone sporting tweed or telling others they are doing it all wrong get tossed.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I think everyone should come here and let Jerry D. judge the "Spankdown on the BBQ" between the venerable "bitterroot" and myself. He's just beggin' for a cookin' lesson.
Baby-back pork ribs. baked beans, Atomic Ass Blasters, and Cajun Hot Wings for the fare.:thumb::rofl::beer1::beer1::beer1:

We need a whiskey emotiocon!

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
I won a gag gift from a golf tourney a while back......it was a Shannon TWEED gift pack with VHS box set and shirt.

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
I think everyone should come here and let Jerry D. judge the "Spankdown on the BBQ" between the venerable "bitterroot" and myself. He's just beggin' for a cookin' lesson.
Baby-back pork ribs. baked beans, Atomic Ass Blasters, and Cajun Hot Wings for the fare.:thumb::rofl::beer1::beer1::beer1:

What are "Atomic Ass Blasters"?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts

·
"Ride'n Dirty."
1,631 Posts

I support this man. I don't know this man but if he's willing to have a cook off, then I say don 't hold a man down. OK, mark you have the floor.....

·
Team Umiak
412 Posts
OMG Mark, a couple of snorts of libation out the nose for me. Evan, you are so the brewmaster..and teamed with Matt, I'll take a pony. The chum thing works for me..I'll take a trip over the hill to try that and test my 8wt. Mark, I'll pick ya up at the airport.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I like the chum thing and I do have a tube and am set for them. Are they here yet???? I'd like to honor Jerry's cooking too but not with my cooking if you want to enjoy eating. Jason you going my way? Icicle sounds good too and I've been wanting to get up there with a rod in hand. Family's great too.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LAME

I like the Jerry D. event but that guy is country strong. If he moves toward an oar or spatula it might take a whole group of us or one Scoones to wrangle Jerry D.

I like the ChumSpank event idea too. It should be in float tubes in an estuary out beyond the casting reach of the bank anglers. A hooked fish could work over your rod and drag but more likely would tow you around the estuary for a bit. There are some good chum runs that I tend to fish, two in moving water where they are often thick as thieves and two in estuaries where they often pig pile over one another to angrily hammer your fly. I've seen a few fly rods fall victim to Chum Madness, but so far have not seen any reels smoked by them.

I think more regular Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing events are in order.

I think a stillwater gathering is also in order. Rattlesnake Lake hosted a bunch of us a year or two ago and it was fun. We could see if a small C&R trophy trout location would let us set up some canopies and take over for a day or two.

So a chum smack it is. Ring me and we can talk about where.

More PHW shit fo sho. Jesse and I have been fishing a few times since the tourney. I have also been tying on Lewis with the crew.

I'll volunteer Matt Smith and I to brew some custom made beers for the events.

Totally down for putting the hurt on some chums
That Belgian you gave me was badasssssssssss.

Jason you going my way? Icicle sounds good.
Yep. Too easy.:thumb:

·
that's His Lordship, to you.....
6,159 Posts
Jesus, Mark "would somebody please shove a popsickle up my ass":rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'll see if our own Brewmiss96 can bring up something, as well. And the hell with golf dress code, it's black tie and red fez time!!

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I think that you young people ought to have an "Old Man" event. Where you young people pick up the tab for the old men over 70. To and from.

How's that for you all to ponder over. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.