Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next Sunday is a 25-hour day.* What are you doing with your extra hour?

I did not fish in October. First time since ... ever. I'm a trout fisherman. Month 10 is probably the best month of the year. That's an October I'll never get back.

Early November is usually pretty good too. I'm using my extra hour in pursuit of trouts. Not sure where. Got a couple, three spots in mind.

What are you doing?

*I think all Sundays should be 25 hours. Steal an hour from Thursday afternoons. Moderators, can you make some calls? See if you can get that taken care of?

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I generally avoid fishing, shooting and hunting on weekends/Sundays, preferring to leave those days for the non-retired folks while avoiding crowds in the process. I'll have an extra hour for chores or relaxation/other pastimes (like resetting a multitude of clocks & going to sleep an hour later so I don't automatically awaken at 0200, lol.).

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Probably cut my grass to make sure I'm in compliance with my HOA rules.
I'll run my Deere around my yard this afternoon, once I'm rested-up from packing 3 Waste Management cans full of shredded leaves. I can only wish our neighborhood covenant enforcement committee/HOA still existed.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
The daylight savings screws my fishing. As it is I can get an hour or two after work. Once daylight savings kicks in, it's dark when I get off work. I still fish it the dark, but like at least a half hour to get into position before darkness sets in. If you attempt to do it after dark you invariably are casting to the wrong areas by several feet, which can make all the difference in being successful.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The daylight savings screws my fishing. As it is I can get an hour or two after work. Once Standard Time kicks in, it's dark when I get off work. I still fish it the dark, but like at least a half hour to get into position before darkness sets in. If you attempt to do it after dark you invariably are casting to the wrong areas by several feet, which can make all the difference in being successful.
Fixed it for you

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Probably cut my grass to make sure I'm in compliance with my HOA rules.
For a healthier lawn, make sure to cross-cut and switch direction every other cutting.

As for daylight savings, I really don't care anymore because I'm retired. The alarm clock and I went out for a walk this past June and one of us did not come back.

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
The daylight savings screws my fishing. As it is I can get an hour or two after work. Once daylight savings kicks in, it's dark when I get off work
That is a real BUZZ KILL for sure.. still is and always will be depressing.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I use that time to spend an extra hour lounging in my yard couch. We don't personally recycle in our house so I go the extra mile and toss my Hamms cans over the neighbors fence. I know they'll take care of 'em.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.