Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else tried this line? I had been using a commando head on my 7 weight TCX deathstar and really liked it, but felt that I was limiting myself with the short head.

I picked up the FIST and after about an hour with it it all clicked. I finally figured out a good line management system with my running line (opst Lazer line) I had my 1st 100ft cast and was able to repeat it 50% of the time. I cut it down to about 60-70 ft and was able to get a good cast the majority of the time.

I also really liked how this line was swinging for me. The sink tip and intermediate section really helped to slow down the swing and kept my line straight most of the day.

While I was skunked on the Sauk, it was my most enjoyable day of practice casting yet.

·
Registered
449 Posts
For floating work, the OPST is great but when I want it go deep, I use the Airflo FIST on both of my 7wt switch and 8wt spey rods.

Excellent, easy to cast just like pulling an intermediate head out of the water.

Goes deep and slow into the current below - perfect steelhead, large brown trout, salmon and saltwater fishing.

T11/T14 MOW tip makes it easy to cast out large streamer flies, dual weighted flies, crabs, closures, stingers....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.