Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a friend's son out this weekend to a couple of spots in NEO. Sunday we fished the wallowa river and Anthony lake. The wallowa was as low as I have ever fished it and we only caught little guys. I saw a lot of fishermen, which is unusual. The water was warm and I think the nicer fish had headed upstream to more comfortable haunts. Anthony was 60 degrees (7100 feet) and gave up a couple of "trophies". It was much slower than a month ago, probably because a lot of fish have gone home with the powerbait crowd. This was the slowest day of fishing and I wanted to redeem myself with Carson so we went to Pilcher on Monday morning. A guy fishing at th boatlaunch had three fish and said it was the first day of good fishing dice spring. The water temperature was 65 and there was only two parties camped at the lake besides the host. Got to love it here in God's country. Fishing was in what I would call a typical fall patern, with lots of fish taking almost any fly stripped at the right depth. We did not catch any big bows but lots of nice 12 to 14's. I'm back to the tri-cities for teaching....anyone have tempetures on basin waters?

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
I haven't checked water temps, Jeff but the weeds are still dense as all get out. There were lots of shad fry on their way way downstream dimpling in every back water I scouted. I didn't get over to the spot you fished in the evenings earlier this year though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.