Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I
Textile Wood Sleeve Material property Hat
Two of my favorite salmon/steelhead rods. 8 weights use to be the must have for PNW steelheading and River salmon fishing. Not sure the case any more. Lots of strong 6-7 weights out there now too.

The reason the RP is 3/4 oz heavier is the size of the hook keeper :eek::p

What are your top dog 8 weights for the PNW fishery? If you have any?

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried the Method as well but didn't like it much, no feel. My arm is not strong enough to really put a bend in it and boom the line out there, at least not for hours at a time:)
That is true. I sample some rods for a short time. Time will tell. 10 footers become tiresome after hours/days. At least for me.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried the Method as well but didn't like it much, no feel. My arm is not strong enough to really put a bend in it and boom the line out there, at least not for hours at a time:)
Be honest. The red is a bit to much :p
I believe if Sage put that in their well known brownie color it would do better in sales. Just a thought. Always like brown for a fly rod color.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Be honest. The red is a bit to much :p
I believe if Sage put that in their well known brownie color it would do better in sales. Just a thought. Always like brown for a fly rod color.
That's true too, was not a fan of the color either.
I like dark green or gray/black in rod colors. The Brownie that was mentioned I have no clue, must be from another era :)

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Damn forgot one. I'm really digging my Redington Dually 8136-4.

·
Flaccid Member
3,900 Posts
896-4 XP.... Perfect for many applications here in the NW. Caught all 5 species of salmon, summer and winter steelhead and everything from freshwater bass and carp to rockfish and lings and a shit load of stuff in between.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.