Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm thinking the odds of snagging those dates are low. Have you floated the Smith before?
I've been down 8 times.

And yes, late June is impossible to get. Out of the 8000 or so applicants each year, I bet 6000 are for that week. I always put in for those dates but have never drawn.

Late June on the Smith is one of the most coveted permits in river trips.

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
You do realize that your winning means there were losers. This is a bad thing. No doubt your elation is also wracked with remorse?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I've been down 8 times.

And yes, late June is impossible to get. Out of the 8000 or so applicants each year, I bet 6000 are for that week. I always put in for those dates but have never drawn.

Late June on the Smith is one of the most coveted permits in river trips.

Amazing picture!

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You do realize that your winning means there were losers. This is a bad thing. No doubt your elation is also wracked with remorse?
Remorse?

One of the traits of a winner is persistence. I've gone 0 for 12 on drawing this permit. Until yesterday.

If losers keep fighting and never give up, eventually they too have a chance at being a winner. Good lesson for everyone.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.