Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Have you looked at craddle style nets. Similar to the ones used for muskie and pike, but with a frame. The frame usually is fork shaped and the front and back of the net are open. The netting ends up looking like a U. One company that makes them calls it a Katch and Release net or something like that. So a search on the web and you should find something. I'm currently in the process of building my own since I can't find one for less than $60. I believe they're better for C&R fishing though, since the fish are supported evenly along their body, and can be released in a metter of a couple seconds. When fish are craddled like that they usually don't move, which means they can be brought in sooner without being exhausted and because of the open design of a craddle net they can be released as soon as the hook is out. The shape of the frame also makes them more portable than regular nets.

With whatever net you decide to get, make sure it has the soft style mesh, which is much easier on the fish. Not sure on the size, but anything that can handle up to a 20" fish should be good. I have yet to see a good C&R net for larger fish

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.