Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few months of researching everything steelhead and dropping some dough on an 8 weight setup... I went up near tokul creek on the snoqualmie around 10 am with the temp at 29F. walked down to the main pool where about 6 gear guys were stacked up, no room to backcast, so i turned down to a side stream coming out of the main pool with some soft holding water above the rapids. About 20 minutes in my line tightened unexpectedly while swinging a black zonker leech and i was about as surprised as the fish was when he figured out he was hooked and peeled line off downstream. the fight was short and a 20" red cheeked buck came to my hands. it was awsome to do this on the fly in front of a bunch o gear dudes (even though I gear fish from time to time). and unfortunately for my girlfriend, I'm officialy addicted! cheers

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Great!!! happy fish day good way to start. Bob

·
Banned
10,387 Posts
Nice to hear about a first time steelhead... you won't ever forget it, congrats!

p.s. I'll bet you never felt the cold today ;)

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Glad to hear you broke your cherry and especially on the Snoqualmie! It certainly doesn't get the numbers but is a beautiful river to fish!

Hey Salmo G The "snofuckingqualmie" actually does put out a fish or two! LOL!!! No it is not like the peninsula rivers nor is it as productive as the Sky but it does throw out a fish or two every now and then.

wet line Dave

·
Registered
846 Posts
Way to go man! One will be come two before you know it. I've been off the water for about 6 weeks due to work, but I think I'll play hooky tomorrow and see if I can make a report for myself.

Congrats, James.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.