Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading to olympia on thursday, wife has class all day on friday, that leaves me free to fish, thought I'd fish Nisqually. yes! no! stay home! any thoughts would help. thanks!

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
Welcome to WFF. I am not familiar with these rivers and the current conditions, but check out "the Fly Fisher" In Lacey (not sure the adress). They can put you on fish!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Any time fishing is a definite yes! If you are gonna fly fish the nisqually for silvers or kings, just tie on a size 1 gamakatsu hook with an egg loop knot, toss some yarn in the knot, then a few split shot above that, and you are golden. I was catching lots of fish there a couple weeks ago. Green was the color then...good luck to ya.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
check out "the Fly Fisher" In Lacey (not sure the adress). They can put you on fish!
Great shop. Call first, though. Bjorn has closed the shop whilst he is in the tropics chasing bonefish for a month.

·
1,411 Posts
Welcome to the board Mr. Bean.

Any of the rivers in the area might be worth checking out.

Like what the others said, the local shops will help you out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Go for it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.