Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
8 river miles from Sultan down the Skykomish to the Snohomish. 23 miles from that point to the mouth of the Snohomish. This from: http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx....000301&lon=-122.175003&zoom=8&m=terrain&a=FP

If the fish you are talking about are coming from the salt water, they are entering from the puget sound. I'll bet there are some folks here that can tell you where they have been out there getting fat on quality sea food.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
8 river miles from Sultan down the Skykomish to the Snohomish. 23 miles from that point to the mouth of the Snohomish. This from: http://www.trails.com/activity.aspx....000301&lon=-122.175003&zoom=8&m=terrain&a=FP

The first is road miles. River miles are a little different. But fish can swim a very long way is one days travel. The Snohomish isn't a very long river to where the "Sky" dumps in and a lot of the fish are dime bright when caught up around Reiter Ponds.

·
Hot Carl
8,805 Posts
Didn't you just make another thread on this same thing? Your question doesn't make any sense either.

This is my 4th season fishing that system, and I still haven't quite figured it out yet. Put in your time, that's the only way you're going to get anywhere.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts

The first is road miles. River miles are a little different. But fish can swim a very long way is one days travel. The Snohomish isn't a very long river to where the "Sky" dumps in and a lot of the fish are dime bright when caught up around Reiter Ponds.
Jim, you are right OF COURSE, about fish covering a lot of water in a day. The numbers I provided were not road miles but paddling miles from a local paddling source site.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I have fished the skykomish, try to pay attention. If you can't speak the truth, try holding your tongue for a change. I probably have not fished the skykomish as much as your old ass, but I've made the trek over there for many fun filled days.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
He asked where fish come from ,so Mumbles explain like you would to your kids! start it of with Mr,Salmon takes Mrs salmon to dinner ,they drink two bottles of champain,---------------- opps I see where they are coming from. Never mind

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I have fished the skykomish, try to pay attention. If you can't speak the truth, try holding your tongue for a change. I probably have not fished the skykomish as much as your old ass, but I've made the trek over there for many fun filled days.
Hey Mumbles........................Take a bite out of my ass.

When did you ever make it over to the Skykomish. This is not the Skokomish. They might sound the same but they are NOT,

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Skokomish: Union Washington, fished there, great place to run a human behavioral science study.
Skykomish: Sultan, Monroe Washington, fished there. Great place not to run into Old Man Jim.
You know that map you are always preaching about...and them little squiggly blue lines. Well, I've got a map too silly.
How is that tongue holding working out for you?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.