Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Be the guide...
5,190 Posts
My only advice is to not try it in a float tube. The wind can pick up in minutes and after blowing one direction for a few hours, it will do a 180 and blow the other way. I found out the hard way in my canoe last year as my trolling motor was running out of juice. Barely made it back.

It is possible to stay inside the cove and avoid the harsh wind. But this area can fill up quickly with other fisherman if the wind is bad enough.

·
Registered
108 Posts
As mentioned, the wind can be a real adversary. The end of the lake opposite the cove shallows up and has quite a bit of reeds , cattails, etc. Not too many boats head over there but I would be thinking about fishing that area late, almost dusk (or moonlit night) for a potential big Brown or 2. A big Muddler, maybe a leech pattern or a Damsel, dunno since I've never cast a fly there but those big hungry fish will cruise those weeds & that's a given. Some primative campsites exist along the backside of the lake if you're spending more than a day and the access to lake from them is usually good. A few of them are close to the shallow (east?) end fyi.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had success fishing the far end of the lake (mentioned above)in about 20' of water. There is also a sunken island just outside "the cove" that can be productive. I usually troll or wind drift use a sinking line (type 2 or 3) with a black or green bugger.

Good luck and let us know how you faired.

Matt

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.