Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I am going to spend a few days at the end of July a short distance from Fish Lake, Cove Resort area. I do not know anything about Fish Lake. What is the best way to fish this lake?

rlight

·
1,411 Posts
Rlight.

A co-worker of mine visits this lake a couple of times every year and does well with streamer patterns or dries when the stocked fish are rising. I've been told it holds pretty good size browns too(go after them at night with mouse patterns!).

An additional note to add is that i'm told the lake is shallow and turns very weedy during the summer months.

I'd definitely bring some bug spray along too.

Good luck!

Richard

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Fish lake that time of the year can turn to pea soup, It is still fishable with a full sink line, wooly buggers in black and oilve will produce fish. Being shaloow is not a problem, right in the cove it is shallow in some areas but get out on the main lake and you should do allright, dont expect to catch huge rainbows and the browns are there but very hard to find.

·
Registered
76 Posts
damselfly patterns, buggers, and caddis dries when you can't really tell what they are rising for... the fish seem to be not too selective. the cove itself isnt that great into the summer but if you have access to a boat go down the shorelines about 50 yards offshore and troll really slowly with a weighted bugger and twitch it every once in a while, might do the trick.

tight lines!

-Connor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was over there 3 weeks ago and was surprised at the size of the trout and how well they fought. They're not huge but larger than what I've experienced in the past. I've fished there with my kids for years and always seem to do well trolling a full-sink line with a black or olive bugger. The Cove rents nice boats for something like $8-10/hr. One thing to be aware of is it gets very windy on the lake.

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
It doesn't take to many hot days for the blue/green alga to float up from the bottom (pea soup)
Fishing late in the evening can still be good.
Cast to risers or cruse the shore line and cast to structure in hopes of a brown trout.
Big dries or heavy streamers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.