Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I was launching at Sultan at about 9:00 am. Didn't see ya on the cracker bar. I didn't catch anything either. Lots of boats, lots of people. Floated to ben howard. Will try again this weekend.:beathead :beathead YT

·
Just an Old Man
35,203 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I was supposed to fish with him,but seeing how high the rivers are I decided to bag it. I stead I went to Jerry's and spent a few bucks.:beathead

Jim

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have gone with you Jim. The weather forecast will be dry until Thursday. That will allow the rivers to approach summer lows again. I don't think the Steel came up with the last rain. If somebody had caught a winter chrome, they would have plastered its jpeg all over this site by now. Maybe after the next rain, but until then, I'm working the salt. Odds are better to catch something. Chinook will open in area 8-2 2/15/03 and already open in 8-1 and 9. Maybe the chrome will be out there with them. Puget sound fly fishing is a relatively unknown sport. There is almost no literature and very few flies specific to Puget Sound and most of that is about the Cutts and Salmon. Almost nothing about the rest of the fish living out there. Unexplored territory that I would like to learn more about. The unknown offers more potential than the known. And we all know what's not happening in the rivers. Besides, it is something to do until the Chrome decides to come back.

Matt

"Everyday that you wake up and decide not to go fishing...is one less day you'll go fishing." Forrest Maxwell

·
Registered
184 Posts
I fished a high water hole near Startup yesterday for the last hour of daylight. I didn't get any action, but I did get to test my new SST+ waders on some bushwhacking through heavy underbrush and brambles. They seemed to hold up well even though the muddy trek on the way out delivered two solid body slams as my feet lost complete footing in utter darkness. The spey rod was not damaged and, less importantly, the body escaped without injury. The sunset was absolutely amazing and watching the Canada Geese coast in to roost made it worth the trip.

-Crock

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.