Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing in Cabo.. guides? advice?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Yak 
I fished in a panga booked through George at Flyhooker.com. Capt's name was Victor and he was a solid Flyfishing guide. I dont' reacall the name of the boat but was something "II'. Really comfortable center console style super panga. He also had a mate on the boat who would drive while Victor threw out the sardinas to attract the fish and also coach us on the back of the boat. I don't think he had any gear but we had our own and took 10 and 8 wt's. We had a few flys and flouro leaders down to 25 and 16 lb tippet.. We started out and got bait then went a mile or so out to a school of yellowfin tuna. Caught a couple on 10wts (avatar pic) but it took all our first scoop of bait. While we were on the school Victor called the bait guy on the radio and he came out to us with more bait so we did not have to go back in. We stayed on the tuna a bit longer but with no more luck so went in off the beach and caught quite a few roosters, jacks, etc on 8wts until the fish were on to our bait and switch tactics. It was a blast and we were back to Cabo about 1-2 pm Very reasonable price and I went this direction rather than using Baha Anglers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.