Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing in Cabo.. guides? advice?

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Yak 
#1 ·
So we have Cabo San Lucas on our short list of honeymoon destinations. And naturally, I'm rooting for this one given the... opportunities there. I actually got the "pass" to look in to fishing guides, and the costs of getting out to chase dorado, jacks, whatever else may be around at the time. We'll be there in mid september 2010.

I did some searches, but didn't come up with much on recommended guides around Cabo. Also, I don't have anything beefier than an 8wt, and I'm pretty sure that investing in a 12wt isn't in my near future. So I need to look in to getting my hands on some gear there, preferably with a guide who provides such things.

Discussion starter · #9 ·
hey, i appreciate all opinions on the topic. the panga deal overall does seem like it would be a bit of a bum deal when compared to a real fly fishing guide. but this Ramon guy Paul suggested seems like he's the real deal. i've done some interweb searching on him, and found quite a few positive reports with his name attached. and it sounds like several board members have been really happy with their experiences with him. given my budget restrictions, i really think that he's the one i'm going to try to have take us out.

thanks again guys! any more advice or anything of the sort, fire away! eventually i'm going to need to start building up a fly selection to bring along too

Discussion starter · #16 ·
I've decided on using the Panga that Yellowlab suggested. As much as I'd love to book a trip with Baja Anglers, the price is just far out of my range for this trip. I'll be perfectly happy to just be out there, and for the prices he's asking, I can't pass that up. If all doesn't go well, I can always return and splurge on a Baja Anglers trip.

Thanks again for all the valuable info guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.