Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My life is under total controll these days, every day that is for the next 1.5 months. Does anyone have any ideas for hitting the water after 5:30pm, in the Snohomish County area? Unfortunately with the way the tides rotate an hour later each day, I'd only be granted a few days a month (at least so I think)to fish the prime tides. Now that I don't get the chance to fish like I did over the past year, I'm Jonesin'in a real bad way to feel a tug on my rod (No, not that one....) from a fish.
:smokin

G

·
With it staying light till 7:00 or later now, I would say you are a fool if you don't fish the Sky. The last three days I have taken 4 steelhead out of the lower Sky. One was a 9 pound hen but the others were all over 12 with one big buck weighing in at 22 pounds! Right at Monroe has really been sweet to me :thumb

Maybe everyone has moved on to golf or lowland lakes but there is no fishing pressure. I usually don't give out secrets but the water must be really warming up as I have been getting them to come to big wakers on a floating line.

Fish on!

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

No wonder you caught all those fish and there were no body else around. The Sky is closed until the 1st of June. How does it feel to be a poacher?x(

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
YOU ROCK!!!!!

I cant believe it.....you got almost everyone on this one...}( }( }( }( . I was waiting for the outpour of lashings that were sure to follow ;-).

~Patrick ><>

G

·
YOU ROCK!!!!!

Sorry guys. I must admit that 3 or 4 years ago I fell hook line and sinker for a similar AF post. I tried to stop myself this morning but it was just too tempting. Hope everyone is finding time to fish.

sinktip

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
YOU ROCK!!!!!

My thing above my post says it all. I got bit big time.:bawling :bawling :bawling I think that I need a :beer1 .

Jim

G

·
IveofIone
Nice try but you never tricked me for even a second!:) :) Mostly because earlier in the day on another board there were some big takes on "Gulper Specials"! Happy April Fools Day everyone. The real April Fools day will be on the 26th-bring it on!! Ive

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

He can't help it as by being over on the wet side we all have water logged brains.:beathead

Jim

P/S We call it the same over here.:thumb

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Loved the April fooler!
First I was sort of amazed to hear such a hot report in such a poor year.
Then I thought about how this writer (I consider him to be a good friend) was saying these things in front of God and everybody. Has he no cool?
Then I didn't care for the 22 pounds of fish (must have been weighed, probably out in the garage)which you just know had to be a wild fish.
Then I gasped as the heat started to pour in. My God, this man is ruined. He will write no more.
Then the relief as I realize that all is well. Sinktip will rise again (or should I say, sink again).
Thanks for all the cheap thrills. This board is fun as hell!
Bob:beer2

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

Isn't it weird that mtlhead asked for a little advice on fishing in the evening and this thread went off in a different direction. We should all be spanked for this over site. It's a good thing that I know him and sent him a private email. 15 different answers and I'm guilty of two of them.

Jim

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jim, I was thinking the same thing....Doesn't mtlhead deserve some advice? Well, I think you have some good options, it has been staying light out until 7 pm, and recently I have caught some really nice fish after dark. My advice to you would be to find a lake which is open, and is known to have browns. Fish chironomids and emergers until dark fall. At dark, Turn on your headlamp, tie on a leech or wooley bugger, and troll or cast close to structure near the shore. The fly that has been hot for me after dark is a beadhead olive wooley bugger, only I have been tying in flash as the tail. I'll attach a picture.

Good luck, and hold on....

Pete

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/dc/user_files/441.jpg

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts

Since he lives close to me I would try Martha Lake near Warm Beach. They just planted it and it also has browns in it. I just might take my own advice and just go fish it.:thumb

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.