Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Now hanging at the other, better new place
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bawling:bawling:bawling:

When I moved to Washington in Fall of 2004 I started a fishing journal. It had some inebriated riverside musings, some maps, and a lot of good location/flies/flows/seasonal information...useful to me anyway. Last night I was at REI in SLU, parked on the street right outside, and when I got in my Jeep there was glass all over and my backpack was gone. I had stupidly left it on the passenger seat and they did a quick smash-n-grab. Apparently rummaged through it on their way down the sidewalk cuz I found my long johns. Guess they didn't want my underwear. All they got was the pack, some clothes, phone charger, and the dang ol' journal.

So boo-hoo for me and watch out for you. bawling:

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Matt,
AT the moment this will be of little consolation but maybe it is worht a chuckle.

I was in the process of moving and deciced to take a break and go fishing. I came back after a pretty good day as I vaguely recall and sat at the coffee table and updated my journal.
I had to be out of there by the next morning and proceeded to get my shit out and down the road.

It was a week or so later and I was just about settled in and was looking for my journal. NO JOURNA L to be found anywhere. I call the landlord and he has no clue. So my old journal is history!

What I did was recompose as much as I could remember. Not the same but at least it was something.

Good Luck. Maybe it will show up when least expected.

Dave

·
1,411 Posts
Bummer Matt.

Sorry to hear that your vehicle was broken into too..
Why can't people leave well enough alone?!

·
I don't care how you fish
141 Posts
Brutal. Sorry to hear that.

My tip--and I'm starting this myself--is to back it up digitally. I've managed a few entries thus far into an Excel document, but that way you can at least have the info, and maps (Google Earth is great for this) backed up elsewhere.

I need to finish though what I started...

BW

·
Now hanging at the other, better new place
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Brutal. Sorry to hear that.

My tip--and I'm starting this myself--is to back it up digitally. I've managed a few entries thus far into an Excel document, but that way you can at least have the info, and maps (Google Earth is great for this) backed up elsewhere.

I need to finish though what I started...

BW
That's a good idea since I like to take it on trips. Maybe I'll start scanning my next one each time I fill up a page. That way I get to keep the hand-written look and any doodles I happen to scribble.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.