Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fishing The Eastside: Guide Wanted

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Jeremy Floyd 
#1 ·
Hey there,

I'm new to the eastside of seattle. I have been bumbling around the rivers out hear for a few months now without much success. Chasing after trout in the various forks of the Snoqualmie and occasionally fishing for Salmon/steelhead on the Skykomish and Lower Sno.

Does anyone have suggestions on local guides? Ideally, I'm hoping to learn to better read and fish the waters out here. I have done a ton of research online but it's not translating to catching fish.

I have fished and lived in many other states and never had this much difficulty!!

Thanks,
John

#4 ·
1. you cannot casually fish for salmon and steelhead and expect to have success. in this day and age the guys who are successful are out fishing all the time and have the mood of the river dialed. that's just the way it is with so few fish and so much competition for those fish.

2. trout fishing on the west side ain't so great. there is some once you get above migration barriers for salmon and steelhead but just the nature of western Washington rivers doesn't lend itself to great trout fishing. a handful or trout 9-12 inches and you have had a great day.

#6 ·

2. trout fishing on the west side ain't so great. there is some once you get above migration barriers for salmon and steelhead but just the nature of western Washington rivers doesn't lend itself to great trout fishing. a handful or trout 9-12 inches and you have had a great day.
QA

Not true there can be amazing trout fishing in the upper tribs of PS rivers with fish reaching 20-24"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.