Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going out and buy some flies for my first adventure flying fishing at the local lakes in Mason county. I was wondering what would be a good assortment of flies to start out with. I would like to get a good assortment of wet and dry flies.... Looking for some help!!!!!

Can hardly wait!!!!!! :YUM

·
Formerly Tight Loops
1,341 Posts
Black, Brown and Olive wooly buggers in sizes 6-10
Carey Specials in similar sizes and colors
Various chironomid patterns in black, brown and red sizes 12-16 (Fish these under strike indicators near the bottom whenever nothing else works.)

The only dry fly that I use is the Gulper Special and a Parachute Adams is a similar fly for the fly buyer.

This is a short list, I know, but this is what I like to use and have been sucessful with most of the time while fishing.

·
Flaccid Member
3,899 Posts
just remember, throw 'em back

I also agree but bead head girdle bugs in black in sizes 8-12 are great flies that will catch many different species. fish them with erratic 4-6 in strips and hang on. Also get a good assortment of carey specials which are great for imitating just about anything. Have fun and good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.