Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I am looking for a new net for my float tube and want to make a one time purchase on a lifetime net (as long as I don't donate it in a lake). lol. I am wondering if you guys have any input and experience with the Fisknat and Fishpond. Pros and Cons to each. Any input is appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Below is a link to the specific Fisknat net that I am eyeballing.

·
41 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Fisknat net, I do own a Fishpond Nomad Emerger net thought. I use this net for both lakes (pontoon boat) and rivers and I'm very happy with the overall length of 32" and 13"+ handle for both purposes. If I was looking solely for a float tube net, I would consider the Fishpond Mid-Length with an overall length of 37" and 18"+ handle.

Fishpond nets are very well made, extremely light and will float. I believe, with the hoop constructed of carbon/fiberglass composite material, that this is a lifetime, one time purchase. The rubber net may need replacing many years down the road though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Fisknat wood nets were great, although heavy. I have no experience with the carbon fiber models.

I have a Fishpond Nomad mid length that I use in my frameless pontoon and it's a great net. You probably can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not familiar with the Fisknat net, I do own a Fishpond Nomad Emerger net thought. I use this net for both lakes (pontoon boat) and rivers and I'm very happy with the overall length of 32" and 13"+ handle for both purposes. If I was looking solely for a float tube net, I would consider the Fishpond Mid-Length with an overall length of 37" and 18"+ handle.

Fishpond nets are very well made, extremely light and will float. I believe, with the hoop constructed of carbon/fiberglass composite material, that this is a lifetime, one time purchase. The rubber net may need replacing many years down the road though.
Thanks for the feedback. I am wondering if 37" would be a big too long for the float tube. The Fisknat that I am eyeing seems to be closer in size to the Nomad Emerger net that you are using. Would you desire the Mid-Length for the tube because the Emerger doesn't seem long enough?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Fisknat wood nets were great, although heavy. I have no experience with the carbon fiber models.

I have a Fishpond Nomad mid length that I use in my frameless pontoon and it's a great net. You probably can't go wrong either way.
The wood nets that Fisknat made are beautiful. The Fishpond nets look pretty slick, just curious if anyone may have a reason for purchasing one over the other. Hopefully someone has experience with both. Do you feel the nomad mid length would seem a bit too big/long for a float tube?

·
41 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I am wondering if 37" would be a big too long for the float tube. The Fisknat that I am eyeing seems to be closer in size to the Nomad Emerger net that you are using. Would you desire the Mid-Length for the tube because the Emerger doesn't seem long enough?
I believe the longer 37" version would be a benefit due to the extra reach while landing fish. The only downfall I see in the longer length would be if you had a storage issue. If so, I would tether it with a net bungee and let it float if need be. The hoop size on either is more than enough to handle most trout, it's just a matter of net control with the added reach.

·
41 Posts
I believe the longer 37" version would be a benefit due to the extra reach while landing fish. The only downfall I see in the longer length would be if you had a storage issue. If so, I would tether it with a net bungee and let it float if need be. The hoop size on either is more than enough to handle most trout, it's just a matter of net control with the added reach.
You may want to consider the Fishpond River Armor Emerger net "ikankeci" just listed in the classifies for $130.00, that's $50.00 off MSRP. The River Armor has added kevlar to the Nomad composite.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You may want to consider the Fishpond River Armor Emerger net "ikankeci" just listed in the classifies for $130.00, that's $50.00 off MSRP. The River Armor has added kevlar to the Nomad composite.
Thanks for mentioning the Fishpond River Armor Emerger net. Seemed like a pretty good deal, so I ended up picking it up. Hopefully I don't regret the 32" vs 37." Guess we will find out =)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for mentioning the Fishpond River Armor Emerger net. Seemed like a pretty good deal, so I ended up picking it up. Hopefully I don't regret the 32" vs 37." Guess we will find out =)
Hey All,
I am looking for a new net for my float tube and want to make a one time purchase on a lifetime net (as long as I don't donate it in a lake). lol. I am wondering if you guys have any input and experience with the Fisknat and Fishpond. Pros and Cons to each. Any input is appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

I have built 35 wooden landing nets so far. Five have been for pontoon boats and kayaks including my own. Largest fish in mine is a 7lb rainbow. $230 shipped. This would be built to order.
Overall length- 41", hoop length 20" and 11" wide.
Wouldn't you like an heirloom net that is not like everyone elses?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have built 35 wooden landing nets so far. Five have been for pontoon boats and kayaks including my own. Largest fish in mine is a 7lb rainbow. $230 shipped. This would be built to order.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I appreciate the offer, but I picked up the fishpond nomad emerger that was listed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey All,

I own and have owned several Fishpond nets and I can honestly say, they are the best nets that I have used. I have a Nomad, shorter net that I use for wadding and a Nomad Mid-Length that is perfect, in my estimation, for using in a pontoon or float tube. It's rugged yet light and is a great quality net. Good luck with you choice, however, Fishpond nets are great!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts