Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've decided to give the yakima another try this weekend. I must be crazy. last weekend it was so packed down in the canyon. I've decided to drag the old Lavro(I mean old, so old it's one of the originals) over the pass this time in an attempt to find some good water. I am a Yak rookie, That's right, I am however a lake zen master(well, I think so anyway :AA )I'm gonna try my damnest to catch something over 12". my biggest yak trout to date is 4". Ya, I suck. I've seen all the pictures of big yak trout and damn it, I want mine too! So if you see a fat kid in Simms waders hitchhike'n on the canyon road, give him a lift back to Ringer! Oh ya, any words of encouragement for the yak (or a good weight loss program) would be appreciated! :THUMBSUP YT

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
You are killing me smalls. I got a weight loss program for ya. It's called "no Tai Ho for you!" Or wait let me rename it: "No more House Chicken and fried rice for you!"
MacRowdy

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You bloody bas#*$d! I'll never give up going to Tai Ho! NEVER! I know where you live, and I'm coming over and I'm bringing HELL with me! On a side note, The Tai Ho is the best chinese food in Seattle. the House chicken is my favorite. Me and Macrowdy go at least once a week. ya, they know us by name......

·
Registered
515 Posts
The Yakima is never the same from day to day, so I can't tell you what will work. But I can tell you what worked for me on Tuesday (I only fished the afternoon, so I can't speak for mornings & evenings). I used a large October caddis pattern with a blue wing olive two feet behind. I was getting fish on the BWO in the riffles, but they were sipping (as opposed to hitting) the fly, so I would never even see the take. I'd just see my caddis fly twitch like a strike indicator. If I went again, I'd start out with a BWO emerger. Good luck, & let us know how you do.

db

"If I don't catch them today, I'll catch them another day." Art Flick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.