Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are floating the Yak tomorrow and thinking of floating from Rinehart to Ringer or Umtanum. We have never floated above ringer.

Anyone know of a reason why taking the Drift boat through there would be a problem? We have floated the canyon a ton of times, and wanted a little variety.

Any feedback would be great.

Thanks

·
Registered
315 Posts
You might want to contact Jack Mitchell, from the Evening Hatch (a sponsor of this site), to see what happened in that stretch 2 weeks ago when the flows were at 9000 cfs. That much water will change the dynamics of a river (sweepers, channels, etc.). They can give you some valuable info that may help you decide if you feel comfortable floating through that section.

Good Luck!

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Bent rods and tight lines!
109 Posts
If you have not floated that section before, I would recommend floating it with someone who has first. I'm sure Jack will tell you the same thing. If you have pontoons and are adept and alert you might be able to run it. At least you would be able to walk around obstacles but make sure to scout it before proceeding. It is not like the rest of the river that is easy. You can sometimes have good fishing in there but I find it better in a little higher water.

:professor

·
Registered
701 Posts
Check to water temp. It was a bit chilly on Saturday and Sunday. In the sun at mid afternoon the fishing started to speed up to a crawl rather than a sit still.

Thank god for good beer!

Fishing from the park should be fine. You will probably bonk a couple of logs or rocks but as long as you keep your nose up you should be fine.

Think olive streamers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.