Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the area but not the state. I am orignally from Walla Walla, after a brief stay in CA, I am back. I live in Olympia and have tried the Dechutes with the only luck being bad. Can anyone tell me some good places to try near here as I find it hard to go on long trips to fish(you know the wife gets on my back.) Any help would be appriciated.

Devin Cadigan
[email protected]

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have a float tube of any kind, Any lake is decent for some trout fishing, just troll around a conehead wooly bugger (black or olive) and you will do just fine. I have done well on Offutt, Wards, St. Clair. If you are looking for some finer spots on the Deschutes give me an email and I will point you in some places that I do quite well in. Good Luck

[email protected]

·
Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Are you looking to trout fish, or fish big game? If you're in Oly, then you have plenty of opportunities for salmon/steelhead.

Steelheader69
"You haven't lived until you've run a cataraft. Friends don't let friends run Outcasts."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.