Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking forward to the Fly Fishing Show this weekend. I would like to meet more of you. Does anyone on the list plan to have a booth or work in a booth at the show?
Roll Cast
"Rules, there ain't no rules around here!
We're trying to accomplish something!"
J. Belushi

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Roll Cast,

Many of us would like to meet one another and the show is a good venue to do so.

Another idea for all the early birds is to meet at Denny's across 405 from Meydenbauer on 649 116th Ave. NE.

The show opens it's door around 9 AM, so I'm heading to Denny's at about 8 AM. Put down a Grand Slam, cup of Joe, and hit the Center after.

Another alternative is to meet inside the center at a given time, say for lunch or something.

BTW, the Company that made our embroidered patches says the "checks in the mail (UPS actually)", hope to have some for the show.

Roper,

Tie me, Fly me, Whip me, Strip me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm brand new to the Washington Fly Fishing Board. So I haven't been involved in your discussions yet, but I plan to be in the future and look forward to discussing this great sport of ours with other anglers. I will have a booth at the Fly Fishing Show this weekend and would welcome talking fishing with any of this bulletin board's members. The booth I will be in is A Classic Journey's booth. If anyone wants to see some tarpon,permit, and bonefish photo's I'll be speaking with a slide show Saturday Morning at 11:00 a.m in Destination Theater- "Tarpon on a Tight Budget" I'm involved in other bulletin boards and this one is best format I've found.
Hope to see you at the show.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some of us (me) are going to the Bluegrass Show (Wintergrass) in Tacoma Friday and Saturday ; then coming to the Fly Fishing Show Sunday. Any of you going to be around Sunday ( Denny's is cool).
Rollcast

·
Trevor Hutton
545 Posts
Bummer. I will be in moscow idaho at a jazz festival i am playing in. Would have loved to come to the show, but - meh. whats a guy to do? :dunno

·
Another Flyfisherman
749 Posts
I was planning on going to the show, but I think I may be out throwing thread at fish. its a hard call to make, but I have this terrible disease - its called "Mustcatchasteelhead-itis" I have been trying to kick that sickness for a while now, but the only thing I have found that keeps it under control is going to rivers and flogging water. Whatever Works. :D

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.

The second step is catching a big fat native.

The third step is sharing a photo the morning after...

we'll be waiting.

Roper,

Tie me, Fly me, Whip me, Strip me.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I may miss a great fly fishing show but since I'll be on the road to southern Idaho for some skiing and a few days to burn at Silver Creek, Big Wood, and perhaps the Lost river above Mackay, I'll not fret too much. You guys have fun at the show & if I do any good, I'll post a pic when I get back, sound fair? Troutski

·
Registered
331 Posts
There was some talk earlier about Sparse Grey Hackle's club having a booth and Chris was going to hang out there to meet other board members. Any update on this SGH or Chris? There or Joe's might be a good place to check in from time to time - especially to catch Roper. Bart

·
Registered
315 Posts
Sparse is out of town but the booth may have fallen through the cracks (show people messed up application for booth?). He's working on it and will be back in Seattle on Friday and will hopefully work things out. Worse case scenerio, Yakima River Fly Fishers will be hanging out at Red's Fly Shop booth.

Greg

"In our family, there is no clear
line between religion and fly
fishing" Norman Maclean

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'd love to check out the fly fishing show and meet some of you guys, but I've earmarked the next two weekends for fishing. After weighing my options, i decided it would be better to be out fishing this weekend, rather than checkin' out a bunch of expensive new gadgets that made me wish I was out fishing. have a good one!
:beer2
LDR

·
Another Flyfisherman
749 Posts
Roper,

I definately have a problem! LOL I have resorted to tactics that are endangering my life: Floating into a great pool, bailing off the pontoon boat hoping to land on the rock ledge in the middle of the pool where steelhead are rolling, miss judge speed and depth and bail off the pontoon too fast therefore feet finding nothing solid to hold.......thank god for that pontoon. After a brief blunder, attempting to cast while contolling the pontoon that is hung on my leg pulling and tugging in the current (not yet equipped with an anchor), unable to move not even an inch.....all this was quite funny to the spectators, supposed friends, luckily one of them came to assist me and held his pontoon in the current as well, while also holding my pontoon so I could cast.....all of that for only 3 lost flies in the pool and no fish.

Where are the meetings held? You know the ones where you stand up and say, "my name is Jay and I have Steelhead-Itis?"

·
Registered
315 Posts
It looks like the booth (actually a small table near the front entrance) for Yakima River Fly Fishers is back on. Sparse will be there tomorrow when the show opens, I'll be there around 11:00.

Greg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Time is short and your idea is a good one. Buy a small package of those tags - put one on yourself and some in your pocket - I'm betting by the end of the day you'll have met some WFF fishers and handed out your spares.
I'll see ya tomorrow.
:thumb
By the way; the Blugrass music at Wintergrass was great yesterday. The shows are sold out today but if any of you are near the Tacoma Sheraton and want to hear some Bluegrass; just walk up and down the Sheraton's halls. You will stumble onto jam band after jam band playing every few feet (too many to count / all playing good - fun music).
Rollcast

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.