Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for fly fishing software mainly to catalog my fly patterns. I have seen some that are free downloads and some that are about $20. They appear to have other features too, but the fly pattern index and tying instructions for a fly are key for me. Has anyone had any experience with any of these products and if so, what words of wisdom can you share?? (I posted this under Photography too as I am also considering including a picture of the fly with a pattern)

Dr Bob :hmmm:

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
I am looking for fly fishing software mainly to catalog my fly patterns. I have seen some that are free downloads and some that are about $20. They appear to have other features too, but the fly pattern index and tying instructions for a fly are key for me. Has anyone had any experience with any of these products and if so, what words of wisdom can you share?? (I posted this under Photography too as I am also considering including a picture of the fly with a pattern)

Dr Bob :hmmm:
Where have you been hiding.

·
Formerly tbc1415
3,179 Posts
I have not used it myself but I have heard positive things about a basic yet full featured and flexible data base used by some fly tiers to catalog patterns. It supports photos, notes and just about anything else you could want.

And its free

http://www.mytreedb.com/treedbnotes_free.html

TC

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OM:

Been busy at work and watching football while drinking the the golden nectar. Didn't do much fishing this past year and my son who was in Bozeman moved back here last August or so. He was just telling me today we need to think about getting a cabin or something over in MT. He said the prices in Bozeman took a nose dive in the last year or so.

How about you? What are you up to?

Dr Bob

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Still using those flies you tied up for me. Not getting out as much as I would like to. And doing the usual, bitching. It's on the cold side here. And it keeps me in. Getting on in years and getting out is slowing down. Not as spry as I used to be. But my fingers still work along with my brain.

Jim

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OM:

I can understand not being too crazy about getting out in that Montana winter weather. You have a few months of cold weather to go. It's been fairly mild and relatively dry here this year so far. I have set a goal of fishing more this year. I hope to get out starting the end of this month.

Dr Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.