Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm gonna nail myself to the Chum cross this year, anyone have any pics or recipes for Chum flies? And please bear in mind I'm a mid-experience noob at the fly bench....Thanks ya'll :thumb:

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Most welcome Andy, looking forward to seeing your fly boxes once you have them filled up for chum. Tie up some and show!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And Mumbles, When I get some tied that are not complete "Frakenflies" I will show, until then I'll spare you all the horror....lol

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Andy, folks cut and splice lines "frankenlines", add extensions to their small profile fins "frankenfins", rig their fishing craft in very creative ways "frankenfloats" so why not be happy with flies that you've blended from different materials or patterns "frankenflies". I bet if you go out one day, fish those "frankenflies" like you mean it you'll be surprised at the results. Good luck.

TMIB, those look interesting, I've got several like the top one. What is your body wrapping material for that "Chum Turd"?

·
Registered
323 Posts
TMIB, those look interesting, I've got several like the top one. What is your body wrapping material for that "Chum Turd"?
Click the pictures for full details on the tying patterns. In this case, it's "Dyed Pearl Diamond Braid" Chartreuse, I bought it from Orvis. Hareline Dubbin also makes the same product, only they call the color "Fl. Chum Green."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.